Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you on 9/11?

I can't believe its been 7 years. My mom and I were in Hawaii for the week. We had the week off (from United) and decided to hop on a plane to Maui. We were only there for a few days until my dad called us at about 3:15am Hawaii time and told us to turn on the TV. My mom came in my room and told me "we're being attacked" My first response was "what are you talking about?" She then turned on the TV and we were shocked. I called my friend Patty who was also a flight attendant and luckly she answered the phone. She said she had called all our flight attendant friends and they were all ok. Thank goodness~ My dad was in St. Louis and since all the planes were shut down he rented a car and drove back to Colorado Springs. We were glued to the TV for hours. We couldn't fly home from Hawaii for 13 days. Which didn't bother us, com'on it's Hawaii~~ But luckly even though we were on standby we made it back. I'm so glad neither one of us were working that day. When we came home we went to one of the funerals for a flight attendent here in town. When I went back to recurrent a few weeks later they had a nice display of the crews that were lost on the United flights. I didn't realize it until I looked a little closer at them, that 3 of them were in training class when I was there. I didn't know them personally but remember seeing them around the training facility.

No comments: